1) Explain how Muslims have defined and adapted their Islamic beliefs, Islamic practices, and Muslim identities as religious and ethnic/racial minorities in the U.S. in diverse ways. In other words, explain how they have negotiated and adapted their expressions and practices of Islam in relation to their specific socio-political locations in the U.S.
2) Explain how Muslims have contributed to the history, politics, and cultural forms of the U.S. (for example, through expressions and practices of Islam in relation to the Civil Rights movement, music, American slavery, etc.).
3) Explain how institutional discrimination and Islamophobia in the U.S. have impacted Muslims.
4) Explain how Muslims in the U.S. have drawn on Islamic traditions to support their claims to racial and economic justice, and how they have advocated against anti-Muslim, anti-Black, and anti-immigrant prejudice and discrimination in the U.S.
5) Explain how a life narrative featured in at least one of your selected pieces compares to your own life narrative.