In the U.S. many citizens fail to take advantage of the right to vote. This one of the most fundamental and important civic duties that a citizen has. For your initial post, address the following questions on the lack of voter turnout:
- Discuss 2 reasons why people don’t vote. Support your contentions with cited evidence.
- What do you think could or should be done to increase voter participation? Discuss 2 suggestions for increasing voter turnout.
- Do you believe that everyone should vote? Discuss 1 compelling argument for our democracy that could be made for not increasing turnout?
(Note: I’m not asking whether or not the right ot vote should be taken away. It is a fundamental right that all citizens have. What I am asking is for a compelling argument for not increase voter turnout, if there is one. If you have questions on what I am looking for on this question, send me a message.)
This assignment will be graded in two parts: your initial post (50 pts) and your replies (50 pts) to other classmate’s post:
Part 1: Initial Posts:
- All initial posts must be written in Arial font, double-spaced, using 12 pt. font size. Your initial post must be 8-10 paragraphs long minimum. Paragraphs should be a minimum of 3 sentences long. They should be no longer than 5-6 sentences. The general rule is when you move to a new concept or idea, you should start a new paragraph. 15 points will be deducted for papers that are either too short or too long.
- Minimal response length will receive a minimal score. Put some thought and effort into this post. You will be required to do some research for this assignment. Make sure your initial post addresses each of the questions posted above. 15 points will be deducted for each question not addressed.
- Proofreading and spelling/grammar checking will improve your overall score. Double and triple check your post before you submit your initial post, as you will not be able to edit them afterwards. 5 – 15 points will be deducted based on the severity of the errors noted in your post.
- Within your initial post, you must provide evidence and citations to support your opinions. A minimum of 2 sources are required, but again, this is the minimum required for credit. Wikipedia does not count as a source and posts that use Wikipedia will have 15 points deducted from the initial post grade.
- You must use in-text citations. You may use no more than 1 direct quote and that direct quote is limited to a maximum of 3 sentences. Posts with more than 1 direct quote will lose 15 points off of the overall grade. Posts that do not use in-text citations at all will have 15 points deducted from the overall grade.
Click here to have a similar A+ quality paper done for you by one of our writers within the set deadline at a discounted rate