With the increased mobility of human populations, diseases can quickly spread around the world. In addition, changes in vaccination practices have revealed an increase in communicable diseases that were once thought to be under control. These global health issues present new problems for community health officials.
In the Bentonville simulation, you learned how an influenza virus impacted the community. You will provide a PDF report of your completed activities.
In this task, you will also analyze an outbreak of a specific global communicable disease that occurred in the last 50 years that crossed international borders (e.g., the measles outbreak that moved from the Philippines to the United States).
Your submission must be your original work. No more than a combined total of 30% of the submission and no more than a 10% match to any one individual source can be directly quoted or closely paraphrased from sources, even if cited correctly. An originality report is provided when you submit your task that can be used as a guide
- Select oneof the following communicable diseases that has had an outbreak across international borders:
- respiratory syndrome coronavirus
- meningococcal disease
- Ebola virus
- hepatitis B
- hepatitis C
- Zika virus
- Describe the outbreak of the disease selected in part A, including eachof the following:
- name of the disease
- the countries involved
- the date the outbreak was discovered
- the dates the disease reached eachinvolved country
- Analyze the epidemiological determinants and risk factors associated with the outbreak.
- Discuss the route of transmission of the selected disease.
- Discuss how an outbreak of the selected disease would impact your community at a systems level (e.g., the functioning of schools, local government, businesses, hospitals).
- Explain what the reporting protocol would be if an outbreak of the selected disease were to occur in your community.
- Discuss twostrategies (e.g., patient education strategies, community education strategies) that you would recommend to prevent an outbreak of the selected disease in your community.
- Submit a PDF of your score summary from Bentonville that includes eachof the following completed activities:
- Influenza in Bentonville
- Community Advocacy
- Emergency Response
- Communicable Disease
Note: For an example of how your score sheet should look, refer to the attached “Sample Final Results Report: Influenza in Bentonville.”
- Acknowledge sources, using in-text citations and references, for content that is quoted, paraphrased, or summarized.
- Demonstrate professional communication in the content and presentation of your submission.
Do You Know That our Professional Writers are on Stand-by to Provide you with the Most Authentic Custom Paper. Order with us Today and Enjoy an Irresistible Discount!