Hearing loss is a natural occurrence as we age. However, our daily activities can either protect our hearing or increase the rate at which we lose it.
For this assignment, complete the following steps:
- Visit the TeenBuzz website at teenbuzz.org. This site offers free ringtones that most adults cannot hear.
- The website includes a chart of ringtones that start at 8kHz (everyone should be able to hear) and go up to 22kHz (only those below age 20 can hear). Starting with the 8kHz frequency, download* each ringtone one at a time and keep a list of which you can hear and make a note when you are no longer able to hear the ringtone.
*There are four options for downloading the ringtones, depending on what type of device you are using. Most students on a computer, laptop or Android device will click the green download button (MP3). Students using iPhones will click the blue/grey button (M4R format) and students using Windows phones will click on the red/orange button (WAV format). There is no need to save the ringtones.
In essay form, thoroughly discuss the following:
- Other than age, what factors may be negatively affecting your hearing? For example, using headphones regularly or a history of ear infections may be negatively affecting your hearing.
- What factors may be positively affecting your hearing? For example, living in a rural area or rarely attending live concerts may have a positive affect on your hearing.
- When writing your essay, please include the frequencies you could hear and whether your actual age is consistent with the age ranges given by the TeenBuzz website.
Citing Sources: You must use APA style to reference your source(s) at the end of your submission. For this assignment, you must include reference information for your textbook and the 3D brain website or app. Information on how to format reference information (including a reference generator) in APA style can be found on the Purdue Online Writing Lab website at https://owl.purdue.edu/owl/research_and_citation/apa_style/apa_formatting_and_style_guide/general_format.html (opens in a new window).
- Use 12-point Times New Roman or Arial font
- Use double line spacing in the document
- 1-inch margins all around
Did you know that effective analysis of concepts requires professionalism in handling academic research Papers? Do no compromise on your grade choose professional Research writers at elitetutorslab.com